Kestrel Liner Agency Ltd.
Hugh Simpson (Contractors) Ltd. unloaded in total 1092 steel pipes from a Marine Vessel Peak Amsterdam, which arrived in Wick harbour on Wednesday. We operated two cranes simultaneously to discharge the vessel. The unloading required two teams with four slingers/ signallers and a crane operator in each squad. We set up pipe storage system on the North quay were the pipes were laid down before they could be transported to their final location.
• The quay was fenced off to allow safe lifting operations.
• Cranes were set up as planned by the appointed person.
• Lift supervisor carried out a toolbox talk with all involved personnel and directed all personnel to their required positions.
• Cranes were rigged with spreader beams and pipe shoes, which enabled the team to lift 4 pipes in one lift.
• Both teams operated independently to unload the pipes onto the quay.
• Pipes were then loaded onto lorries and transported to SubSea7 site.
Read other case studies here.
Please contact us to discuss your needs by pressing the button below: